QR code payments
The easiest Point of Sale is probably one with QR codes. It works great at market stalls and food trucks, but can also be printed onto a restaurant menu, flyer or billboard(!)
Your customers will be able to pay in person on their own mobile phone — a device they trust. You'll be able to accept credit card payments (and iDeal and Bancontact) without a payment terminal. Most mobile phones can open QR codes with the Camera app.
Getting paid with a QR code is as simple as:
- Open the QR code on your phone, tablet or desktop screen
- Ask your customer to open their Camera app and point it at the QR code
- Once scanned, they click the notification 'Open in ...'
- Your payment form will display, and they're ready to check out!
- Review succesful payment on your dashboard or email notification
Getting paid with a QR code
- First, you need to create a checkout at https://checkoutpage.co/dashboard/pages. You can either Copy an existing checkout, or create a new one by clicking '+ New page'
- Set a price for the payment, or let customers set the payable amount with the "Allow customers to pay what they want" option
- Once you've created your checkout, click the Share tab
- Click 'Open in new tab' to open a page for your customer to scan
Other ways to get paid with a QR code
Some other way you can use QR codes to get paid are:
- Print the QR code on a flyer or billboard
- Touch free restaurant payments
- Scan & pay in stores
Customize Checkout Page's QR code payments to optimize your checkout experience
- Customize the payment form to collect customer details such as name, email address and other preferences. Use these details to contact to build relationships with your customers.
- Add upsells during checkout with Variants
- Add upsells by redirecting to another checkout after payment with Redirect URLs
- Customize your checkout experience with Custom CSS
- Customize your confirmation emails and checkout confirmation
- Add digital downloads to your QR code payments