Offering discounts by using coupons
Notes on using coupons
- Checkout pages have a minimum charge amount, which varies per currency. For USD, the minimum charge amount is $1. If a coupon code causes the payable amount to go below the minimum charge amount, your customer won't be able to complete the payment.
- Coupon code discounts apply to the final price of the page, including variants.
Creating coupon codes
You can create coupon codes via the dashboard, by clicking Coupons in the menu bar, followed by clicking the New coupon button.
Coupon code settings and limits
This will appear on customers' receipts and is shown internally.
This is the (unique) code customers use to redeem the discount.
Type of discount
Absolute amount: An absolute amount to be deducted from the final price. E.g. a coupon with an absolute amount of $5, will reduce the final price with $5. A coupon with an absolute amount should be given a currency, and can only be used for pages using the corresponding currency.
Percentage amount: A percentage amount to be deducted from the final price. E.g. a coupon with a percentage amount of 5, will reduce the final price with 5%.
For subscriptions, this determines how long this coupon will apply once redeemed.
- Once: the discount is applied once
- Multiple months: the discount is applied for the selected amount of months
- Forever: the discount is applied for the entire duration of the subscription
For one-off charges, all durations have the same effect
How many times can this coupon be used?
The total amount of times this coupon can be used. This limit applies across customers so it won't prevent a single customer from redeeming multiple times. Leave empty for unlimited usage.
Allowing coupon codes on your checkout
By default, there is no coupon code field on checkout pages. To add a coupon code field to your checkout, go to the page's Settings tab and toggle "Coupon code".
This will add field to your checkout page that allows customers to apply a coupon code. Doing so will display the discount and the updated price.